Interested in submitting a book proposal to the Sweetland Digital Rhetoric Collaborative Book Series? We publish born-digital and digitally enhanced work that investigates the multiliteracies of digitally mediated spaces within academia and other contexts.
To ensure that your proposal receives proper attention, please submit the following materials electronically to Aaron McCollough, Editorial Director of University of Michigan Press, and DRC co-directors Anne Gere and Naomi Silver at SweetlandDRCBooks@umich.edu:
1. a statement addressing:
- the purpose or rationale of your book (including references to your sources and methodology, if applicable);
- similar or competing books in the field;
- the audiences you envision for your book and the contributions your work offers;
- the suitability of your manuscript for the Digital Rhetoric Collaborative Book Series list;
- the anticipated length and/or duration of the manuscript or digital text;
- information regarding innovative formats, specifications, feasibility, and long-term sustainability of the design;
- and your timetable for completion of the project (if it is already finished, please let us know that, too);
2. a table of contents;
3. an outline of your chapters or sections (this should be no more than a paragraph or two describing the content of each chapter or section);
4. an introduction or sample chapter (or substantial digital material); and
5. a curriculum vitae or resume for all authors or volume editors; and for edited volumes, a list of your contributors along with their professional affiliations.