Attending Computers and Writing 2023? Be a Session Reviewer!
The Sweetland Digital Rhetoric Collaborative is seeking reviewers for the 2023 Computers and Writing Conference (UC Davis, June 22nd-23rd 2023).
If you would like to be a session reviewer for C&W 2023, please visit this Google Spreadsheet to sign up for a session to review. After you sign up, you will receive an email with information about submitting a session review draft. You will be asked to provide information about the session and a short bio for yourself. Since some sessions were recorded asynchronously this year, they will be available through the digital Computers and Writing program if you are an attendee.
We are particularly interested in conference reviews pertaining to digital rhetoric, though you are welcome to propose your own session to review. Reviews are published on the DRC website to help facilitate conversations about conference sessions among attendees and others who may have not been present at the conference.
Reviews can be composed in written text (500-1500 words) or in any other appropriate media as long as the information can be received by a user in 3-5 minutes. Your review should include an overview of the session but should also address key implications, stakes, or take-away points. Please also make sure that if you offer relevant critique in your review, you do so in a collegial and constructive manner. We may edit received reviews or send reviews back for revision, if necessary. Feel free to browse the C&W 2022 Reviews for models as you compose yours.
Review Drafts are Due: July 15th, 2023
Computers and Writing 2023 Schedule
- Pre-conference Workshops:
- Composing and Publishing Digital Scholarship (Thursday, June 22, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Friday Keynote:
- Revisiting the Politics of the Interface: Language, Positionality, and Computers and Writing Scholarship w/Laura Gonzales (Friday, June 23, 12:30-1:30 p.m.)
- Friday A Sessions: June 23, 10:15-11:30 a.m. (Multiple Topics)
- Friday B Sessions: June 23, 1:45-3:00 p.m. (Multiple Topics)
- Friday C Sessions: June 23, 3:15-4:30 p.m. (Multiple Topics)
- Saturday D Sessions: Saturday, June 24,10:15-11:30 a.m. (Multiple Topics)
- Saturday E Sessions: June 24, 1:45-3:00 p.m. (Multiple Topics)
- Saturday F Sessions: June 24, 3:15-4:30 p.m. (Multiple Topics)
- Sunday G Sessions: Sunday, June 25, 9:00-10:15 a.m. (Multiple Topics)
- Sunday H Sessions: June 25, 10:30-11:45 a.m. (Multiple Topics)
- Asynchronous sessions
If you have any questions, or if you would like more information, please reach out to us at email@example.com